Saturday 13 June 2009

Woburn Sands

After a busy week pretending to be a gardener I had a lie-in then met up with Mark and Marcus. The trails weren't as dusty as they have been but they were still nice and dry. 

We rode all the usual trails, jumps and gaps before realising it was nearly six in the evening and we were all shattered. 

I had a little crash  coming into a corner but the great thing about Woburn Sands is that most of the time you can just dust yourself off and keep riding. Unless you're Alex. Then you have to spend six weeks with your arm in a sling while your collar bone heals up.

Whilst Mark was taking some photos I took the opportunity to jump on his bike and give it a ride. Mark's rear shock felt so different to mine, but I preferred the geometry of my bike. I've slowed down the rebound on my shock to make it similar to Mark's so I'll see how that goes. 

There's a new line into the trail gap. Can't say I love it but once the dirt's compressed a bit it could work. 

1 comment:

  1. And so the mark smedley fan club begins. everyone wanted to corner like sam hill, now everyone wants to have a rear shock that feels as good as mine...

    That line into the trail gap would have worked if they hadn't ruined the jumps further up.

    ReplyDelete