Friday 1 January 2010

New Year Resolutions 2010

My hangover is just starting to clear up so before the tiredness sets in it's time to do some blogging.

Last year I made my first ever new year resolution so following on from the success of that this year I’ve pushed the boat out and made five! In no particular order here they are:

Learn to tabletop properly. For some reason when I switched to single crown forks I started turning my bars to the left when doing tabletops. It doesn’t look awful; just a bit awkward. It’s something I should have sorted out a while ago so this year I’m going to nail it.

Get faster. The only way to do this is going to be by riding more and practising key skills. Manning up a bit is probably gonna help too.

Get fitter. Getting faster’s all well and good for DH but I’m starting to enjoy XC rides as well. I’m just being held back by my stamina. One day I might even be able to pedal up the hills instead of just pushing.

Better bike maintenance. A bit of a boring one but I could d with looking after my bike a bit more. Starting with cleaning it more often and sorting things out before they become a real problem.

Find somewhere new to visit. Morzine is an amazing place to ride and there are still loads of tracks that I haven’t ridden or even found. But I’ve been going there for three years in a row now and it’s time to find somewhere new. Right now I’m thinking Germany but if anyone wants to fly me Whistler then be my guest.

2 comments:

  1. what was your new years resolution last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to ride in the wet! - http://studentbikingblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-year-resolutions-jan-3rd.html

    You should set some:
    -learn how to wheelie
    -learn how to bunnyhop
    -PEDAL STANDING UP!

    ReplyDelete