Monday 16 March 2009

Singletrack magazine, day one 9th March

One of my modules this year is to spend some time on work placement. I was lucky to be accepted by the biking magazine Singletrack to spend a week working for them. Things are going to get a bit like a diary as I share what I got up to. When I arrived Mark showed me around the building and told me everything from how the magazine got started to what the plans are from the future.

When Chipps (editor) arrived he gave me the job of building two £500 'budget bikes' and a £2,000 titanium bike from the Netherlands. The budget bikes were the first bikes ever tested by Singletrack that cost less than a thousand pounds. They went together fine. The Van Nicholas also went together fine but took a chunk out of one of my fingers when I fitted the wheel. It took me a while to notice by which time I'd bled all over the cranks. Not exactly a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment