Saturday 21 February 2009

Parkhall Country Park take two

I checked the weather last night and today was meant to be sunny so with very little notice I arranged to go on another bike ride around Parkhall Country Park with Joe. Before my housemates had even got out of bed I'd ridden about 20 miles. 

This time we used the old railway line to get to the park, which meant slightly less uphill riding. There was some sun but it was still pretty cold so I wore my bade layers again. I also wore my thermal gloves only this time I remembered to turn them inside out afterwards to get rid of the sweat. 

There was quite a strong wind today, which was fine in the wooded parts of the trail but meant we got blown about a bit on the open parts of the track. At what we thought was the end of the trail I noticed another blue signpost. It turned out to be the other half of the trail. 

This half had lots more challenging climbs which were especially difficult with my lack of gears. When we got to the actual end of the trail we decided to re-ride the first half. This time there were no dog walkers and we had a better idea of where to go so we were able to ride much faster down the descents. 

Todays ride was just as fun as last weeks although this time I did notice some pain in my wrist and hand. I'd been at home most of the week and hadn't been able to go to the gym so I'm going to blame it on my lack of exercise. 

A quick play with my powerball when I got back soon sorted out my wrist which was a relief as it's exactly one month today to the BUCS mtb race.

No comments:

Post a Comment