Tuesday 14 July 2009

Morzine day eleven: Morgins etc.

We all went separate ways this morning. Myself and Pete went to Morgins; Mark and Allen went to look at the Mountain Style course, and Alex and Matt got in a stranger's van and went to Pila.  

For the first time this holiday I woke up and put some sun tan lotion on so I was a bit surprised when I got rained on on a chairlift. I'd been wanting to go to Morgins since we got here. Last year the track was so smooth and physically demanding, but this year it was a bit of a let down. 
There weren't as many braking bumps as the local tracks but there were still some pretty big craters in some of the corners. The rain didn't really affect the grip on the track but after I slipped a pedal and shinned myself we headed back to Chatel. 

We bumped into Allen and Mark and spent the rest of the afternoon riding some tracks in Chatel and Linderates. It's now chucking it down with rain with some lightening thrown in for good measure. It's meant to be like this all day tomorrow so don't know what we'll be riding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment